Please check the box beside each guideline:
1. ROOM USE: We hope your room makes you feel at home and that your bed provides some much-needed rest. We ask that you use the comforts of your room at least once a day. If you are unable to do this, please speak to a Guest Services Manager. For safety, guest families may not enter the room of another guest family.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Families are eligible for a room at our House if they meet the following requirements:
· Have a child (aged 21 or younger) who is receiving medical treatment (inpatient or outpatient) at Cincinnati Children’s or other area hospitals. If the patient has a documented developmental disability and they are fully dependent on another adult for care, please reach out to our team to ask about exceptions.
· The child is being seen as an outpatient at least twice weekly at Cincinnati Children’s or, with pre-approval, another area hospital.
· Families must live more than 40 miles away from Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Cincinnati.
· Families who live within a 40-mile radius of RMHC may stay at the House if they have a child in the Cardiac Care Unit, Intensive Care Unit (“ICU”), or Newborn Intensive Care Unit (“NICU”).
3. NUMBER OF GUESTS: Guests per room may consist of patient(s), siblings and up to two guardians or primary caregivers. As room sizes vary, please speak with a manager to determine maximum number of room occupants for your room. Anyone outside the immediate family must be helping to serve as support for the family and must be approved by a manager. Beyond the registered occupants of the room, there are no additional visitors allowed.
4. SUPERVISION: Our House has many fun places for your child to explore. For their safety, all children under 12 must be with an adult at all times and anyone under 18 may not be left alone on property at any time. This includes siblings and additional guests. Children may not be left with another guest family. All patients (regardless of age) staying at the House must be accompanied by a related adult, guardian or caregiver over the age of 18.
5. FAMILY FRIENDLY: We want to ensure that your time with us can be spent focused on your child. Therefore, our House maintains a family-friendly environment. Because of this, we do not tolerate any threats or acts of violence, disruptive behavior, harassment, domestic violence, child abuse, physical punishment or anything else that would add stress to your life and the lives of all our families, volunteers, staff and visitors. This includes the use of social media and respecting the privacy of others. Confidential information or use of names, photos or other identifying characteristics of other guest families may not be used or shared without consent. Quiet hours are between 10pm and 9am.
6. INFECTIOUS DISEASE: We work hard to maintain a safe environment for all guests. We require:
· Masks are required to be worn outside of your room in the South Wing for any guest aged 2 years and above. Surgical, KN95, or N95 masks are strongly recommended. Gaiters and face shields are not permitted. Masks are optional in the Central Wing and Tower of our House.
· For the safety of everyone, please inform a manager if anyone in your family, including additional guests, has any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms, may have been exposed to COVID-19, has an infectious disease, or a contagious illness. We appreciate your honesty and will assist you with next steps at that time.
8. CLEANING: We know you have so much going on and appreciate your help keeping your room and other spaces clean while using them.
9. ROOM ACCESS: To keep our House safe, we will perform room checks twice a month. We may also need to enter your room for an emergency, for maintenance work or to do a routine room check. We reserve the right to enter your room for the health and safety of all guests staying with us and appreciate your understanding in advance.
· FIRE ALARMS: Our fire alarms are sensitive to keep everyone in our House safe. We do NOT do fire drills, so if they are going off, please evacuate. For your safety, a full evacuation plan is on the back of your room door.
· CALLING 911: In case of an emergency, we are here to help. Please use your room phone to call 911. Our Guest Services staff will automatically be notified and can direct emergency personnel to your room when they arrive.